Privacy notice for the FIFA Research Scholarship
1. What is this Notice about?
This privacy notice (the “Notice”) sets out the basis and rules on which CIES – International Centre for Sport Studies (“CIES”, “We” or “Us”) collects and/or processes Personal data relating to you (“Candidate” or “You”) in the context of the FIFA Research Scholarship (“FRS”). It includes the processing operations done through our online application device, during the selection phase as well as during any regular research activity phase of the beneficiary and its monitoring by CIES.
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural or legal person, according to the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”).
Please read the following carefully to understand how We will process your Personal data.
2. Who is responsible for processing your Personal data?
CIES is a controller for Personal data covered by this Notice. We hope to be able to answer your questions regarding the way We process your Personal data. Please note that CIES is based in Switzerland and, as such, is subject to Swiss law, including in particular the FADP.
Should You have any concerns in this regard, please contact Us in writing or by email with the following information:
CIES - Centre International d’Etude du Sport
Avenue DuPeyrou 1
Tel.: +41 32 718 39 00
Please note that for some of the processing operations, third-parties may be co-controllers or joint-controllers together with CIES (please refer to par. 4 hereunder).
3. Which Personal data do We collect, for what purpose and based on which lawful ground?
The following Personal data is collected and/or processed by CIES in the context of the FRS, for the purposes detailed in italic. Overall, our reason for processing your Personal data is to enable You to apply for a research grant, namely to be considered as a candidate to the application process and, if selected, as a beneficiary of the FRS. In this latter case, your data will be processed with the aim to manage and implement the scholarship, as CIES has been entrusted on behalf of FIFA for this purpose.
Personal data received from You or through your interactions with Us
When submitting your application to CIES in the context of the FRS through the mean of the online application, You provide Us with the following Personal data:
- Contact details (Name, surname, email address);
- Personal details (Title, nationality, country of residence, year of birth);
- Professional information (where applicable current professional activity);
- Where applicable, information about other scholarships or financial support received in the past (including amount, if the support concerns your FRS request).
► This information is required to manage your application in the context of the FRS, communicate with You before the selection process starts and once it closes. If you are selected to be granted with a FRS, your data will serve as well communication, monitoring and control activities while you are working on your project.
→ The lawful ground is in this context the execution of the contract or the CIES’ legitimate interest to develop its IUN courses and activities (including for alumni).
4. Transfer of your Personal data
Within the CIES, all transfers and communications are decided based on a need-to-know assessment.
Your Personal data may be transferred to subcontractors, who support the CIES in the implementation of its tasks as well as in the execution of the IUN. This mainly concerns the running of IT services and operations, as well as the organization of events.
5. Security of your Personal data and principles guiding retention
CIES ensures the safety and the security of Personal data by implementing enhanced security measures. Such appropriate measures are taken at both a technological and organizational level in order to protect Personal data from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. Such measures also cover access-rights limitations and password protected systems. These are consistent with the good practice, considering the risks involved.
Please note however that We cannot guarantee an absolute security for your Personal data, to the extent that the Personal data retention and electronical transmission involves certain risks.
Your Personal data is stored for as long as CIES offers services related to the purposes mentioned above, unless you request their erasure. In the latter case, most of your Personal data will be completely deleted, unless applicable law or another justification requires to retain it. Please note that CIES has in particular to keep certain limited Personal data linked to your application to the IUN for regulatory and follow-up reasons.
6. Your rights
Depending on the applicable legal regime to your Personal data, You may have the following rights. Please note that they may each be limited based on the CIES and/or third-parties’ legitimate interests or based on other grounds, including CIES legal obligations. To exercise them, please contact us by using the contact information provided under par. 2 above.
- Information right: See current notice.
- Access right: You have the right to receive from CIES confirmation about the actual processing or not of your Personal data. If your Personal data is processed, you have the right to access such Personal data (including to receive a copy).
- Rectification right: You have the right to request that your Personal data be rectified or completed, without undue delay.
- Erasure right: You have the right to request the erasure of your Personal data without undue delay.
- Limitation of processing right: CIES grants You the right to request that your Personal data be processed in a limited manner.
- Data portability right: CIES grants You the right to retrieve the data you have provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and You have the right to transfer this Personal data to another controller.
- Right to object: CIES grants You the right at any time to object to the processing of your Personal data for reasons deriving from your personal situation, even if this processing concerns CIES’ legitimate interest or public interest.
- Possible right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
When the processing is based on your consent, You can at any time withdraw it. Please note however that in such a case, CIES may be authorized to continue processing your Personal data, based on another lawful ground. Similarly, the lawfulness of any data processing occurred before the consent’s withdrawal is not impacted by such withdrawal.
Access and modification of most of your Personal data can be done at any time by accessing your profile and using the modification tools. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Personal data used in the context of your profile and activities with CIES is up-to-date and fully correct.
7. Changes to this Notice
This Notice was last updated on 17th July 2019.
We may update this Notice at any time. Any changes to this Notice will be posted to this page and announced when You apply. If needed, please check this Notice regularly to identify any changes.
8. Cookies and other websiocessing